Involvement and Governing Council
Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged and there are many ways you can be involved in your kindy.
- We are always in need of craft supplies including any clean, empty boxes.
- We would welcome the offer to wash aprons, tea towels, etc, of general cleaning or any
handy man jobs you may be
able to assist with.
- We regularly have working bees and fundraising events and all help provided is greatly appreciated.
- You can always spend time with the children sharing any skills/talents you may have eg playing the guitar, cooking or art and crafts. The children have also previously enjoyed visits from police officers and fire fighters.
- The kindy can often benefit from the skills of parents. Recently we have had parents assist with the development of a new website, data analysis of the kindy parent survey and the development of this document. Do you have any skills you could offer?
The Kindergarten is managed jointly by the staff and the Governing Council – a committee made up of elected parents/care givers and interested persons. The Council is representative of the community and works collaboratively with the staff to ensure continuous improvement – priority planning, resources and facilities management, to meet the needs of the children and families, within DECD guidelines. The Governing Council arranges social and fundraising events to provide the funds necessary to keep the Kindergarten operating smoothly and provide resources for your children. It is also a great way of meeting people, making new friends and having a say in how the Kindergarten is run.