Welcome to North Haven Kindergarten's Website
At North Haven Kindergarten we believe:
- We support children with additional needs to access all aspects of the kindergarten curriculum.
- Every child has the right to achieve their best in a safe, fun, respectful, friendly, supportive environment.
- Every child has the right to belong
- Every child has the right to be safe
- Children are capable, confident, co-contributors and active participants in their learning.
- Every child has the right to be themselves
- Children’s wellbeing is vital to learning
- In giving children opportunities to build real connections with the natural environment
- That all children are individuals with individual needs
- In supporting children to be engaged and involved learners
- In assessment and reporting for children’s learning .
For a copy of the full philosophy statement, please click here (186KB PDF).
About our centre
North Haven Kindergarten was opened on the 21st of November in 1982. It is a purpose built facility. We are located adjacent to North Haven School and are able to access school facilities including the school courts, oval, playground and library. We work closely with the school gardener to plant many indigenous and waterwise plants throughout our grounds. We have developed a lizard garden a covered frog pond, a butterfly garden, an arbour, vegetable gardens and a ‘moss rock’ gathering area. The children have worked with older children from the school on many of these projects and have built strong connections with their environment at kindergarten. We are a well-resourced centre both with indoor and outdoor equipment. We have both fixed and moveable equipment outside and a large shade structure covering the fixed playground.
North Haven Kindergarten is a government funded preschool for the Department for Education and Child Development providing quality Early Childhood programs for young children and their families.